The Lancaster Downtown Investment District is located in the heart of Lancaster City. Property owners in the DID pay for the services and amenities that help to support a vibrant downtown. Since its creation in 1992, the DID has undergone two boundary expansions at the request of property owners and seen enormous growth as a result of the valuable services it provides. The DID has an executive director and an 11-member Board of Directors consisting of City residents, business owners, and stakeholders. The Lancaster City Alliance manages the Downtown Investment District.
At Your Service
The red shirt ambassadors and blue shirt clean team patrol the Downtown Investment District seven days a week from 7 a.m. – 11 p.m. They keep the district clean and help to maintain a high quality of life.
The DID also sponsors an abundance of beautiful street trees and helps to sponsor and organize events like Lancaster Shops Late, Indie Retail Week, and Restaurant Week, to help support a vibrant city center.
Annual services, on average, provided in the DID
- Ambassador bicycle miles – Over 3,000 miles a year
- Ambassador foot patrol hours – 6,000
- Sidewalk sweeping – Over 1,000 hours
- Delivery of information to merchants – 231 times
- Directions given to visitors – Over 850
- Business contacts – Over 2,000
- Resident contacts – Over 10,000
- Trash collected – 42 tons
- Leave collected – 13 tons
- Pressure washer trike hours – 35
- Graffiti posters and stickers removed – Over 600
- Trash can monitored and cleaned – 730
- Tree wells maintained – Over 540
- Mulching 15,000 lbs.
- City maintenance issues reported – 200
- Excessive trash on property – 200
- Snow removal from over 175 curb cuts
- Ice melt 500 lbs.
- DID Map
- Map of the Lancaster City Alliance Bike Squad Coverage Area and DID
- DID Plan for May 1, 2021 – April 30, 2023
- DID Plan Highlights for May 1, 2021 – April 30, 2023
- 2021-22 DID Board List
- Board Meeting Schedule
- DID FY 21-22 Budget
- Downtown Dollars
- DID Audit for Year Ended April 30, 2020
- By-Laws of Lancaster Downtown Investment District Authority
- Act 3 Notice
- Act 3 Policy
- Act 3 Schedule A
- Act 3 Schedule B
- Public Advocacy Statements Guidelines and Review Process